It's official! We found out we are having a girl! Another girly girl...drama queen...miss priss...
It hit me today as I was sitting and having a conversation with my AWESOME doctor. I caught myself referring to my soon to be "kids" as my "girls". How fun! I'm looking forward to the matching outfits, hairdos, shoes, dress-up, cooking, and all the other fun stuff that comes along with having sweet little girls.
As far as daddy, he will def be outnumbered now in our home. But I think it takes a very special man to raise girls...daddy's girls. I'm sure they'll have him wrapped around their fingers soon enough. Lydia is already taking an interest in his Deer Call (which makes me shake my head) and can actually make it sound like it's supposed to. Uh oh...I think Jeff is thinking he may infact have gotten the "huntin" buddy he wanted.
As for me, I feel very Blessed to soon be the mommy of 2 girls. Growing up with pretty much all girls in the family I remember the fun times we had playing house, dressup, barbies, cooking with the easybake oven, and all that fun stuff. It's funny how all these thoughts have really begun to race through my head over the last few days. All the things we have to look forward to with raising 2 girls.
I think one thing I've begun to do is compare and think about how I was raised and what I would or wouldn't change in raising my girls. I won't get into my childhood, b/c I don't think I have that much room to type and I have to go to bed sometime tonight! One thing I will say is that I believe everything happens for a reason. Now, with all due respect for the folks who raised me, and hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back on my early years, I feel like I was somewhat clueless when it came to knowing the foundation of my life...family wise, religiously, morally and it wasn't until I found something firm to stand on that my life began to turn around. For me that Firm Foundation was and has been establishing a relationship with Jesus Christ. So the reason I'm stating all this is b/c I want my girls to have a strong foundation for their lives from the begining. Of course I want them to be strong, independent, smart, confident, but above all of these, first and foremost, I want them to KNOW and HAVE the unconditional, never failing, ever present LOVE OF CHRIST in their hearts. The same Love that changed my life 10 years ago. For knowing Him brings love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. What a huge responsibility I have in shaping them. With all the garbage that society places on young girls these days, I pray that God will guide my every step in how I raise them as a mother. So...as you can see...there has been alot on my mind lately. Next order of business...picking a name...fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment